Friday, December 21, 2012

Thankful!

Well, I most definitely missed the most stressful, but most exciting time of the year at school!  I thought I'd be jumping for joy that I didn't have to deal with a Christmas party this year (I've told y'all I'm a control freak before, right?!)  BUT it turns out that I truly missed being a part of all the fun, seeing the kiddos light up, and just scrambling around trying to get everything taken care of!  However, I am more than thankful that I have a room mom and other volunteers that made sure my class didn't miss a thing just because I was gone.  They sent me play-by-play pictures from the party and dropped all those sweet gifts off at my house right after school.  Seriously, they are the BEST and I am BLESSED!

As I was writing out my thank you cards to my kiddos, I thought... I can't wait until January to tell these sweet little ones thank you, SO I whipped this little diddy up and sent it via email to all my parents right away!  I'll still send the thank you cards to the school in January, but I wanted them to know that Mrs. Lemons is thankful RIGHT NOW also!

And, yes that is a current picture that I took yesterday of myself!  I got my stitches removed and can now fix my hair again!  I still have a pretty large, nasty scar underneath my fro, BUT I can officially cover it up without a problem!  It's very strange because I still feel the sensitivity and aches on the spot where my surgery took place, but from the outside everything looks perfect :)

Anyways, I hope that you all had fun Christmas parties and that you are soon recovering in your pjs at home!  Here's to a fabulous Christmas break!  

17 comments:

Jeanne said...

Glad to hear from you! Take care and enjoy the holidays and rest!

Pat's Paper Passion said...

Merry Christmas...glad to hear all is going well.

Pat

Michelle Hudgeons said...

Glad to see you are doing well!!! P.S. bought your New Year packet and love it!!! Always fab!!!
Michelle @ Smitten With First

Jodi said...

You look beautiful!!!

❀Jodi
Fun In First

Bren P. said...

Beautiful as always, Amy! Glad to see you are recovering well!

Merry Christmas! :)

Bren P.
The Teacher Diaries

Special Teacher for Special Kids said...

Wishing you a wonderful Holiday! You look wonderful! Glad to see that you are recovering well.

All the best.


:o) V.
Special Teacher for Special Kids

Mrs. McHaffie said...

This is fantastic! What a great group of moms!! :)

A Tale of 2 First Grades said...

Amy,

I tried to find your e-mail a few weeks back to check on how you were doing. Your story has stuck with me and I think of you often. I am so glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.

~Alison

Katie Knight said...

You look amazing! God is with you!

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you are doing well Amy! I would never guess by looking at you, you look incredible! I hope you are feeling excellent very soon!

Ms D. said...

Have a very Merry Christmas and rest up for your next adventure !

Across the Hall said...

Merry Christmas! Glad to hear everything is going so well!

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Heather Law said...

So glad you are doing well! Merry Christmas!

Heather at TeachItToday!

Cynthia said...

I would like to give you a RACK (Random Act of Christmas Kindness) first inspired by Cara Carroll and the linky party hosted by First Grade in Foxwell Forest.

Please stop by to get yours and then pass on your own RACK.

Thanks for being SUCH an inspiration to me during my first year of blogging!

Merry Christmas!

Cynthia
2nd Grade Pad
cvautrot@gilmerschools.com

Heather's Heart said...

Merry Christmas Amy! What a blessing it is to read of God's healing. I know you will soon have your own sweet little blessing here with you...what a celebration that will be.

Thank you for being such a gift to me. My heart is truly inspired by you in so many ways. I would be honored if you hopped over to visit me when you get the chance. God put a poem on my heart that I would love for you to read about the precious presents we teach.

Heather
Heather's Heart

Primary Possibilities said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. God bless you..... Now following your blog. We are having a blog hop over at our blog: Here is the link: http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/2012/12/snowed-in-guest-blog-hop-new-year-new.html We would LOVE for you to participate. Thanks for considering. Stephanie

Foxwell Forest said...

Hi Amy!

I'm so glad that you are feeling better and what a blessing to have such great room parents and kiddos! I'm sure they miss you LOTS!

I was SO excited that Cindy from the 2nd Grade Pad passed on a RACK {Random Acts of Christmas Kindness} to you from the RACK linky party I am hosting. I absolutely LOVE your blog too!

I would be so honored if joined my linky party and passed on the RACK to 2 blogs that you are grateful for! RACK Linky Party

Blessings,
Becca
First Grade in Foxwell Forest