Friday, December 28, 2012

Organize my life!

So, when I started thinking about this post, I was going to talk all about my classroom.  But, it could be 3 months before I'm in my room again so I truly doubt I'll be organizing much!  I did so much of that before I left in December, that I'm all kinds of organized in the school-house ;)

Now, since I'm pretty much homebound for a while, I've been getting super frustrated with how much of a slacker I have been in the organizing department.  If you walk into my house... it looks perfect.  BUT, I'm one of those "out of sight, out of mind" kind of people.  My cabinets, closets, and drawers are ridiculous, y'all!  Like, so bad that my sister doesn't want to claim me anymore, ha!  So, as I'm recovering, I'm slowly trying to organize some things around the house. 

First, I'm going to start with a few projects I've tackled, and then I'll get to my resolutions!

I just recently started wearing lots of jewelry, and look at what a mess it all was!
 I found this jewelry organizer at Steinmart (2 for 8 bucks I might add!) and HAD to give it a try!  
 After untangling and unknotting my necklaces, I hung the ones that didn't break in the process :)
 Since there were 2 in the package, I used the other for my scarves!
 A while back I organized my earrings using a cheese-grater.  Perfect solution... only problem is I've since doubled my earring collection so I need another one!
 I've got to be honest here... having a child in my house is going to be  HUGE change for me.  I'm definitely not used to having toys everywhere, so in preparation for her arrival, I'm trying to get all nice and organized.  And, I'm just sure she will keep it all perfect, right?!  ;)
 We still have plenty of room to grow!  

Okay, those are the "already done" projects, now let's look at some things I still need to work on.  Don't judge me, y'all!!  Can I blame this mess on the adoption process and my brain surgery?!  If so, let's go with that, ha!

I have a slight addiction to cute dishes and table settings, but the problem is my cabinet overfloweth!
 I have a slight junk drawer problem.  On a positive note, I have gone from 3 junk drawers to 2... now just to organize the ones I'm left with!  I could probably throw everything without regrets!

Make sure you link up with Hope today so that you can share all of your organizing secrets and resolutions for the home and/or classroom!  And, don't forget to enter the giveaway at the end of her post!





24 comments:

Mrs. Richardson said...

Okay girl, you have got to get a junk drawer organizer. They are those little white trays that just fit right in your drawer, except it says it's for a junk drawer (I'm sure the label doesn't use the word junk..ha ha!). It has been a LIFE SAVER for my little junk drawer! Target.

Sara said...

LOVE your scarf organizer! My junk drawer looks a hot mess... if you find a solution, let me know ;)

Sara
Miss V's Busy Bees
ventrellasara@gmail.com

Tales of a First Grade Teacher said...

I've never seen a cheese grater used for earrings before. Now that is thinking out of the box. As far as kid organization goes, be prepared for the tornado of toys that comes with them lol! happy new year! -Jessica

Across the Hall said...

I have never seen hangers that cute!! I'll have to see if my Steinmart has them too!

Happy Organizing!

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Tara said...

Hi Amy! Love all your organizing:) Super cute ideas:) I tried to find your email but couldn't....if you end up with more earrings, you could switch to an old window...that is what I have my earrings and necklaces on and love it:) Here is the link with a pic if ya want to see it:)

4th Grade Frolics

Tara said...

I'm such a spaz....forgot the link:
http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2012/07/monday-made-it-5-woop-woop.html

Good grief....my brain sometimes...lol:)

4th Grade Frolics

Kristen said...

Hi Amy! I swear I was looking at drawers from my house--you are not alone!! I need some of those little baskets to separate everything.

Happy New Year, I'm so glad you're doing well! :)

Lisa R. said...

I love that Target organizer. That's exactly what I need for my little girl's playroom. Her toys have taken over the floor!
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Tracy P. said...

I love all the jewelry organizers, looks cute!

The storage unit thing for your coming daughter is cute. As the parent of a 4 year old boy and a 5 month old girl, I will say do NOT try to organize the drawers for her toys!! No matter how hard you try to organized "this drawer for dolls, this drawer for legos, this drawer for teething toys," it won't stay that way. :) I've tried, but it's better for toys to just be "one bucket catch all" philosophy for every bucket. It makes it best for the kids to find their toys too.

Angie said...

I saw a PB&J how-to template on a blog that credited you, but I can't find it. Did you create it and do you have it for sale? I need one for one of next week's writing activities.

Thank you!!! :)
catcfoster@aol.com

amy.lemons said...

It's in my black history month pack on tpt :)

Christa Kauble said...

Hey, Amy! So glad you are back on your feet. I'm a huge fan of yours and have been making your centers since the beginning of the year. I'm curious how you store them? I have thought about tubs, but there are so many skills and seasonal themes I tend to over think it and don't know where to start.

amy.lemons said...

Christa... I am horrible at storing my centers! When using them, they go in tubs. I file them in ziploc baggies with everything needed for that center in my filing cabinet once we are finished!

Shelly Sitz said...

Love the way you organized your scarfs. My sons had legos and every type of building toy there was. We stored them in plastic containers and I taught them at an early age how to keep toys organized. Yes, it can be done with children too!

Crayons and Whimsy said...

I love the cheese grater for your earrings! I may have to try that!!

Christy
Crayons and Whimsy

Rachel said...

Our resolutions are much the same! Love your grater organizer, too!

Jawed Ali said...

Funny Epic Girls, Troll Images of Girls, Girls Funny and Loll, Funny Hot Pictures of Girls
hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

Rachel Erickson said...

Love your blog and fun ideas...you've inspired me to create my own blog/TpT store...would love for you to check it out if you get time! starsin2nd.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and I love the the things that you make and do! You are so talented!!!

Thank you for it all!
Rebekah

rphunt07@yahoo.com

jezzie said...

Love, love, love everything you do!! And I am also enjoying your journey to get your daughter



jherbst@csdk12.net

Lisa Holehan said...

I hope I'm doing this right! I really want to win your valentine give a way. I love your stuff! Hopefully I will be lucky this time!
lisa.holehan@jefferson.kyschools.us

Jawed Ali said...

World's Most Latest Vehicles and Latest Cars pictures, Most speed and Expensive Cars with hot pictures
worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for share.

jhon haverd said...

It is a nice post . I like it . Thanks for sharing this post . For details lego storage australia .