Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A few more days left...

Oh, sweet friends... I don't really have much to share with you.  But, I know you understand because you are in my shoes also.... those shoes that are just doing whatever they can to survive these last few days before Thanksgiving Break.  So, I've dug up some pictures from my Instagram and Facebook to share with you all :)

We drove to Austin to see one of our sweet teenagers run in the State Cross Country Meet!  It was a fast and furious weekend!
Thankfully after that fast weekend, the Mr. decided to take this week's cooking duties.  He has made some delicious dishes so far!

Oh, and the weather blew in... and it blew in COLD!  So, I've been trying to make the best of it with my wintry clothes :)
    
If you follow my facebook, you've seen these next 2 pictures....

We made our little BME acorn books last Friday!
And, this week we started Double Digit Addition with regrouping.  Let's just say this teacher is thankful for a week break after starting this new concept!  To get them excited, I pulled out the popsicle sticks and noodles for us to use as tens and ones.  I will say that it has worked like a charm so far :)
It may stress some of you out to start thinking about Christmas plans right now... so, if that's you then look away NOW, ha!  But, my plan is to get my centers all prepped and ready before the break so that I don't even have to think about those during our time off!  So, I made a unit with 5 literacy and 5 math centers to put in my tubs the weeks leading up to Christmas.  You can check them out on TpT now, or wait until you are ready ;)


 I have some other things in the works for Christmas, so stay tuned!  I'm off to survive for the rest of the week, how 'bout you?!


17 comments:

Jeannie said...

I'm gonna have to bring out the Popsicle sticks and noodles. We just started our double and tripple addition unit.

I'm ready for Thanksgiving break!!!

Jeannie
The 2nd Grade Surprise
http://the2ndgradesurprise.blogspot.com

Amy Howbert said...

Such a super cute Christmas unit! Everything you make is just darling! Loved it from the start!

Amy Howbert
Little Miss Organized
amyhowbert1@gmail.com

Mrs Cupcake said...

I'm so excited about Christmas! Your new unit looks great {as always}!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Mel - From the Pond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tales of a First Grade Teacher said...

I;ve been married 11 1/2 years and the only thing my hubby cooks--is coffee! ha! lucky you. cute centers. I love this time of year. Oh I wanted to tell you that we've been using "strengthen your sentences" and it's been going great. Thanks--I will be posting about it on my little blog sometime after Thanksgiving. thanks again
Jessica
http://tales-of-a-first-grade-teacher.blogspot.com

Mrs.Clower said...

Amy,

One of my friends sent me your blog, and I have loved reading about all your classroom activties. This is my sixth year teaching, and my second year in second grade. I taught third grade for three years before that, and I taught EIP for a year when I first graduated. Thanks for sharing all of your ideas.

Just wanted to mention a cute website that we have been using in our centers to strengthen our narrative writing...www.storybird.com. It's so interactive and the kids love it!

Check out our class blog at www.clowernwes.blogspot.com

Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Elyse Clower

Rachelle said...

YAY For Christmas!!!!!!

Ashley Reed said...

I'm trying to find your email address on here but can't find it! How can I contact you? :)

amy.lemons said...

Lemons.amy@gmail.com

assignments web said...

This blog is really informative for students who learn online. Thanks for sharing information with us regarding Assignments Online Help keep continue.

First Grade Fancy Pants said...

I can't wait to check out your Christmas pack! I live your blog! I just saw your jackrabbits shirt in your pic and saw you are for Forney! I live in Terrell we're like neighbors!! :)
So then I told my sister {also lives in Terrell} to check out your blog and she said... Hey I went to college with that girl! She went to commerce! Her name was Amy Bennett! SMALL WORLD!!! Anyways just thought I would let you know I love your blog and you are right it's chilly here in Kaufman County!!
Chek us out at 1stgradefancypants.blogspot.com I just made my first post!!

First Grade Fancy Pants said...

Sorry for the typos my keypad isn't working right :)

Heather's Heart said...

Your Christmas unit looks wonderful. Your activities are always awesome.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving break. =)

Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and so many others. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Shawna said...

Hi Amy,
I was just stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Shawna
The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

Leanne said...

Hey Amy! I can't wait to see your Christmas stuff...looks great! Since you are into fashion and dress oh so fab, you should post some of your favorite looks for work and link up to my Teaching with Style linky party! I'd love to have you stop by:)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Leanne
Mrs. Prince & Co.

Heather's Heart said...

Happy Thanksgiving Amy! I want to take a few minutes to say thank you for being an inspiration to me and so many others. You are touching so many hearts. Your love for the Lord and teaching shines through in all you do. I would be honored if you would take a few minutes to hop over and read my blog post (and poem) because it is dedicated to teachers like you who are Everyday Heroes.

As it says in my favorite Ray Boltz song that I shared, "Thank you for giving to the Lord because I am a life that was changed."

Thank you Amy! Happy Thanksgiving sweet Lady! =)

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Amy. My name is kylie and I am from Victoria in Australia. I would first like to say thank you for such a wonderful, inspiring and entertaining Blog you have. I am really enjoying it. Im new to the world of blogs and whilst I dont blog myself I am in awe of those who do and very appreciative of what you share. I happen to teach in middle school or senior school as we often call it here in Victoria and teach years 4 and 5. Hence a lot of the things you demonstrate cant be used in my class its fun to read about your adventures and draw ideas from them. For example I took your ice cream scoops and cones ideas and used it to introduce similies to my grade. The kids love being a bit creative, really learnt he concept via the activity and it made for a wonderful and colourful display. Cant wait to read more.