Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wild Things and Pumpkins

Are 4 day weeks a whirlwind for y'all also?  We had off on Monday for Fair Day (gotta love the State Fair of Texas!), and it feels like I have been playing catch-up all week!  Last week, I shared some of the activities that we would be doing, so I wanted to pop in and let y'all know how those went!  And, I hope to make this short and sweet.... I have LOADS of adoption paperwork to read and fill out which is HIGH priority right now, but I'm sure y'all understand :)

Here's our Where the Wild Things Are writing activity... don't judge the writing, ha!  I can honestly say I haven't had a chance to read them all yet!
We also made these little guys from Deanna Jump's unit.  I just modified them to work for 2nd grade!

 In Math, we have been working on 2-digit addition without regrouping, so I wanted to spice things up a little bit.  We made these little pumpkins from my Halloween Unit, and stapled some math problems to the back of them!  This is one example of how I turn a craftivity into an assignment!


 That's all I have for you!  Hope you are having a FABULOUS week so far!  Tomorrow's Friday, and that, my friends, is worth celebrating!

14 comments:

Anu said...

I love love your stuff! Every time I come visit, I am amazed at how creative you are! Just wanted to say how talented you are!

Anu

Kimberly Santana said...

How cute are those pumpkin faces?! :)

Kimberly
The Learning Tree

Courtney said...

Love your pumpkins Amy! Good luck on all that paperwork!

Swimming into Second

Kelly Teaching Fourth said...

Your pumpkins are adorable!

Kelly
Teaching Fourth

Heather said...

The pumpkins are adorable! I know all that paperwork you have to do is the most exciting paperwork you will probably ever fill out. Have a great weekend!

✞Heather
Swinging Through Second Grade
hdawntn@hotmail.com

Kristen said...

I love your displays! Best of luck with your paperwork :)

Elizabeth said...

I am loving those pumpkins!!!
Elizabeth

April Walker said...

I am trying to decide how much I can get away with doing cute things with 4th and 5th grade. Your craftivities are always so cute.
~April Walker
The Idea Backpack
Come check out my 4 giveaways for 400 followers: win up to 22 prizes from bloggers, an Erin Condren gift card, and gift cards to Starbucks and Cheesecake Factory.

Across the Hall said...

Sometimes paperwork can be a good thing!!! I am praying everything comes together soon for you!

I love your pumpkins, and the idea of incorporating whatever you're learning at the time into a craft!!

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Mrs. Lynes said...

Your pumpkins are adorable!!

Tales of a First Grade Teacher said...

I love 4 day weeks! and your crazy pumpkins.
Jessica

Mrs. P said...

I love both of these craftivities! I am also working on two-digit addition without regrouping with my 2nd graders! I think I'll do the pumpkin math craft!! Love it!Thanks for sharing!

Teaching Fabulous Firsties! said...

Hi Amy,
I'm a new follower! Your blog is great!
Corinna
Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

Tanya Rae said...

You've been Boo-ed! I love your blog so much that I've added you to an amazing October linky party. Check it out and pass it on!

Tanya Rae...