Monday, October 22, 2012

A Trip to Remember :)

This past weekend was like a dream come true!  I finally got to meet (in person) some of my sweet friends!  It was so nice to spend a few days shopping, eating, sightseeing, and of course TALKING, TALKING, and more TALKING!  The only thing I may have done more of is laugh because we were having so much fun!  I can promise that Chicago will never be the same again.  AND, we *might* have been told at least 25 times how loud we were, ha!  But, that didn't stop us... don't you worry ;)!!

Here are some of the highlights of our trip...

 Once everyone got there, we had 15 teachers/bloggers/TpT sellers on site!
 Cheryl from Primary Graffiti
Rachelle from What the Teacher Wants
Kim Adsit from The Kinder Gals
Lindsey from the Teacher Wife
Kathleen from Growing Kinders
Michelle from Fabulous in First
Deanna from Mrs. Jump's Class
Amanda from One Extra Degree


 Y'all know how much I love Lindsey from the Teacher Wife because I've said it on here at least 1000 times.  Well, she is even sweeter, cuter, funnier, etc. in person.  We *might* have made our hubbies hang out and golf together.  But, they ended up hitting it off and having a good time themselves!  If only they would have hugged it out at the end, right Lindsey?!
 I can't tell y'all how sad the last day was.  Everyone had to leave at different times, and it was so hard to say goodbye.  The Mr. could not understand why I was so upset on the plane ride home.  But, I feel like my heart is spread all over the country where these ladies live.  I can't wait to see them all again!

They also planned a surprise baby shower for me that you can check out {HERE}!  They really went all out for my little girl (who should be coming home VERY SOON)!

Overall, it was one of the BEST weekends ever!  
Photobucket

18 comments:

Erica Bohrer said...

I had a blast!!! I am going to steal some of these awesome pictures.

Love Ya!

Bilingual Scrapbook said...

Wow! That looks so much fun! Love all the pictures :)
Alexa
http://bilingualscrapbook.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

A tad bit jealous! Looks like y'all had tons of fun! :)

Mrs Cupcake said...

Looks like an awesome trip!! Jealous :)
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Foxwell Forest said...

What a blast it looks like you all had! So fun that you could all get together!

First Grade in Foxwell Forest

Sharon said...

Omg! I should have met up with all you awesome teachers. I follow all these blogs AND I live right there in Chicago. Next time I'm in!!

Mrs. Richardson said...

What fun! A girl's trip is always needed, plus girls who do what you do, and share the same passions. Awesome!!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great trip! What an opportunity to meet up with so many people you've become friends with online.


What i have learned

RealOCteachers said...

It looks like so much fun! How sweet of them to throw you a baby shower!

The REAL Teachers of Orange County

ChiTown Girl said...

It's not even possible to come to Chicago and NOT have a good time!!


Glad you guys had such a great time.

Tania said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time. Chicago is an amazing city.
You guys are all talented and gorgeous!
Tania
My Second Sense

Michelle said...

I miss you all so MUCH!!!

Deedee Wills said...

I could not agree more!!! Such a great time! Miss you already!

Sarah Swilley said...

Wow! So much fun :) It is so amazing to think that yall are all over the country and that teaching is what has connected you! I was just in a district meeting this afternoon and we were talking about how fifteen/twenty years ago teachers barely collaborated with the other teachers in their own school... much less in other states! I have to tell you I love reading your blog and would love for you to check out my new blog sometime!

www.adotdoesalot.blogspot.com

Natalie Kay said...

Ahh!! This trip looks like so much fun and I am kicking myself for not going along too! Darn it... next time - for sure!!

Amanda said...

I had so much fun hanging out with you, girl! :) Can't wait for next time!

Gretchen Schultek said...

Looks like yall had a blast!!



Always A Lesson

Melissa Davis said...

Great! Good to see that all of you were happy! For sure that a trip to remember forever :)