Monday, February 6, 2012

 I must say that today was one of the best Mondays that I've had in a while!  I didn't have a headache, wasn't too sleepy, and it went by pretty fast.  Although, I did have to refer to my class as Chatty Patties more than, ummm I don't know, 100 times today, ha!  I guess they just had a lot to tell each other :)

For Reading/Writing we read "Love, Splat" and made a text-to-self connection with a little writing creativity from the one and only, Cara Carroll :)

The students finished the sentence stem "I feel loved when..." Then they were able to put their little Splats together!

You can grab a copy of Cara's Love Splat unit on TPT HERE!

Hope everyone had a magnificent Monday!  I'm off to do Yoga, cook dinner, and relax with the Mr.!


5 comments:

Ginger Snaps said...

My kids love Splat and I do too!

Ginger Snaps

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Looks great!! (pictures are too cute! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Caroline Brantley said...

Super cute! Is the cat template in Cara's unit or you came up with it? I love it!
caroline

Amy said...

We had Donkey Ball at our school this weekend too!! SOOOOO Funny, our principals and teachers all played against the senior class! It was a blast!!
Amy
TheResource(ful)Room!

Mrs. Cupcake said...

I.LOVE.your.Splats!!!! Sooo stinkin' cute!!
❤Teri

A Cupcake for the Teacher