Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I've got to share these math activities with you!

Hey y'all!  Is anyone else exhausted?!  I'm doing much better than last week (it may help just knowing that there is a 3 day weekend coming up... I mean, seriously, it couldn't come at a better time!).  It has been nice to get back into a routine, but boy it sure is a difference from sitting on my hiny all day everyday during the summer! ha!

I wanted to share a few activities that I made for our comparing/ordering numbers unit that we will cover in a couple of weeks.

Click {HERE} for the download!






As promised, I wanted to direct you all to some super great activities that I have found for my place value lesson plans next week.  So, here it goes:

We are going to start 3 digit place value with this super cute, hands-on activity from Babbling Abby.  It has a great printable to go along with it!


From The First Grade School Box, we are going to make these place value charts.  When finished, we are going to put them in order from least to greatest as we display them!  It's a two-in-one kind of thing ;) 
Hey, might as well take a grade on that also!


Definitely going to make this foldable (and take a grade on it!)... another activity from the First Grade School Box


We are going to review place value and play our first game of "I Have, Who Has" with this game from The Grade Two Zoo:
And, I know the kids are going to die for this fun game.  They are going to get a kick out of tossing paper clips (gently haha)!  Check out this great place value activity from What the Teacher Wants!


Needless to say, I'm super excited about next week's math plans!  I've pretty much thrown out what I have done in the past to make way for all of the great activities I've found from blogs!

Hope everyone has a terrific week! 

12 comments:

Rachelle said...

LOVE all of your downloads!!!!! Thanks for the shout out! :) I'm thinkin' we should team up on something!!!
-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Turtle Girl said...

Love the "Who Has" games - exactly what I needed today. Thank you for the link!
Dana

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I love this activity. I'm considering printing them on card stock and laminating them so they can be a center activity and the students can then write the numbers in order.

http://mrshallsfabulousfirsts.blogspot.com/

Ms. Johnston said...

I just can't stop downloading all of the stuff you keep posting! I am so thankful for new ideas!!!!

Baggy_Trousers said...

Thank you so much for sharing those, Amy. Fantastic resources as always. I've just started my first teaching position so it's so helpful to have premade resources.


Baggy Trousers at A Crucial Week In The Life of an NQT

JiLL said...

You are a lifesaver! I was looking for some fun greater than/less than review sheets for tomorrow. These look awesome, thank you!!

Jill said...

I needed greater than/less than activities for tomorrow too!! Thank you for sharing, you are the best! :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Betsy from three20 said...

Hi!
I'm just stopping by to saw how awesome you are :) I don't have a teacher blog, but I do teach second grade. You're blog is probably my number one favorite teacher blog! I especially love that you have bilingual resources since I live in Puerto Rico and I teach subjects in both english and spanish. I've used a lot of your resources in my lesson plans and am always looking to your blog for fun ideas. Thanks so much for sharing so many great ideas and freebies!! Have an amazing weekend :)

Mrs. Garcia

Anonymous said...

I used the marshmallow and cereal activity with my third graders today. I adapted the recording form to include 4 digits, since we teach to the thousands place. My students really enjoyed this activity. Thank you for sharing!
~Krista

A. Smith said...

THANK YOU!!! I just went to dinner with a friend last night and was lamenting teaching place value to my second graders! SUCH great ideas!

Betsy from three20 said...

oh my goodness. I hadn't noticed I had so many errors in my last message :/ I was writing in a hurry and didn't double check. jajaja sorry for the nonsense.

Jenn said...

This was awesome!!!!