Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Reading Strategies

            This past year, my campus introduced a school-wide reading strategy.... Think No More, Just PLORE!  In Texas, we have the state required test, TAKS (that is now changing).  These strategies were used to help students attack reading passages.  I adjusted the wording of each strategy to help my 2nd graders understand them a little more.  If anyone needs a reading passage strategy, please feel free to use these posters in your classroom!  My students became very familiar with the steps after working with this throughout the spring semester.  We did about 1 passage each week just to get them used to the process.

All of the Posters are in 1 document:  Think No More, Just PLORE
Clip Art courtesy of DJ Inkers


I had to change the fonts because my old ones weren't working!







11 comments:

Stephanie said...

I clicked to download the PLORE reading strategy posters and it took me to google docs but said I didn't have permission and to try again later....can you e-mail them to me? I am a first grade teacher in Mansfield and would love to show them to my team and the second grade teachers when we meet about alignment.
Thanks!

Mrs. Shepherd said...

I'm having the same issue as well. I teach in Grand Prairie and would also like to show my team. Thanks for sharing!

Carla Patch said...

You must have read my mind. I saw these last night on another one of your posts and planned on emailing you to see if you would share. I had the same experience as the above posters with Google Docs. Would love to have these.

Mrs. Daniels First Grade said...

I am having the same problem with the document.
Tam118dans@gmail.com

amy.lemons said...

I am sorry! I must have forgotten to share the link. I will fix it and email it to you all this afternoon (I'm on my way to the Mavs parade now!) thanks for letting me know!

Mrs. I said...

I would like to get it too! It is saying the same for me!

Thanks!
Cathy I.
mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com
http://mrsisclass.blogspot.com

Carla Patch said...

Amy, if you are going to email the document...you would need my email. Thanks for your generosity.

carlapatch@yahoo.com

amy.lemons said...

I emailed it to those that gave me their email address, and I also tried to fix the link. Let me know if it is working or not! If you'd like it in an email, just email me at lemons.amy@gmail.com!

I'm so sorry for any inconveniences!

YearntoLearn said...

It's working now in Google Docs. I downloaded them.
Thanks a bunch!

Denise
Yearn to Learn Blog

Alysia Battista said...

Thanks for sharing! I just posted writing posters on my blog, so go and get them if you want them!

Miss B, Busy Bee

Jennifer B. said...

Thanks for sharing! Go Mavs!!!