Monday, May 23, 2011

I know the year is almost over...




So, I know this school year is coming to an end, but I need a summer hobby. Plus, I'm hoping to get good at blogging so that I can add things that I do throughout the school year.

First and foremost, I believe that the way a classroom looks is very important. I mean, who doesn't want to be in a well-organized, beautiful space?! Every year I make sure that my classroom looks fresh and clean, with a bit of cuteness as well.

I am working on my classroom for next year, but here are some pics from the 2010-2011 school year!

Here is a view of my classroom from the doorway. You can see my English Word Wall and Alphabet.


Here is a view of my classroom from inside. You will see my Spanish Word Wall and Alphabet.

Here is another view of my room...


Here is my classroom library. I need to re-organize and label all of my books and book baskets. I plan on working on that this summer!

I send home Book Buddies each week. I have 22 bags with 5 different books in each bag. For the longest time I had a huge stack of books that didn't really "belong" in my classroom library once I switched over to book buckets. So, I had these bags made and was able to fill them with all of my extra books! The kids love taking home new books each week!


At our school, the students are able to take "Accelerated Reader" tests after they have read a book. This program is used only as an incentive. I made these ribbons to go with our school theme, "Wild About Learning." I'll change them out next year when we start a new theme! The kids get to take these home at the end of the year!

As I'm working on setting up my classroom for next year, I hope you enjoyed looking at my old classroom pics. I will be keeping much of it the same, just adding to it here and there!




7 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your blog! Thank you for making so many great printables available! I do a monkey/jungle theme in my classroom. I was curious if you have any items from your "Wild About Learning" theme from this past year that you could post like the items you just posted for your upcoming ocean theme?

amy.lemons said...

Sarah... I just emailed you!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I was just offered a 2nd grade position and am going to do a safari/jungle theme. Do you still have the AR point squares that are similar to your ocean ones?

amy.lemons said...

I am getting ready to post some things on safari/jungle theme! I am hoping to get table numbers, locker tags, and AR tags posted sometime today! So make sure you check back!

Anonymous said...

Yay Amy! Thank you SO much!!! I will keep an eye out for them!

Anonymous said...

Your room looks awesome!!! You must NOT have a Fire Marshall that comes around twice a year like at our school. We are only allowed to have 50% of each wall covered with things and NOT allowed to have things hanging from the ceilings or on the door to your classroom. He says FIRE Hazard. Really tough!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your classroom! Thanks SO MUCH for the great ideas. I also have a Safari theme. I especially loved the AR display. Is it possible for you to send the cute animals pictures in Word to Stephanie1732@hotmail.com ? We are not allowed to track points...just number of tests passed at 85% or higher. I would love to adapt your idea to fit the needs of my classroom.